A Drug Intervention in Fresno is a process utilized when all other options have been exhausted in an attempt to help an individual in Fresno overcome a serious problem such as drug or alcohol abuse/addiction. An intervention is a deliberate process by which change is introduced into peoples' thoughts, feelings and behaviors. It usually involves an intervention specialist in Fresno as well several people preparing themselves, approaching a person involved in some self-destructive behavior, and talking to the person in a clear and respectful way about the behavior in question. The immediate objective is for the person to listen and accept help.
A drug or alcohol abuser usually does not know they are out of control. They look at their peers and their own drug or alcohol use appears normal in comparison. drug and alcohol abusers experience a lack of creativity, productivity, poor decisions, deteriorating relationships, and expensive mistakes. Far too often, alcoholics and drug addicts cannot make the right choice on their own to take action which will help them regain control of their lives. They need objective feedback on their behavior. Through a non-judgmental, non-critical, systematic process, drug intervention programs in Fresno help the drug or alcohol abuser confront the impact of their alcohol or drug abuse on themselves and others.
It is understandable that the decision to plan a drug or alcohol intervention in Fresno for a friend or loved one can be painful. Many times there is an underlying deep fear. This may be a fear of confrontation, fear of rejection, and/or a fear that it won't work. Leaving loved ones with only more intensified feelings of hopelessness, anger, and frustration, while the addict continues their self-destructive actions. A Drug Intervention specialist in Fresno can carefully plan an effective intervention. This can be the key component that helps the individual go from the downward spiral of drug addiction and on to the road of recovery. Keep in mind no matter what happens on the drug intervention process, it will most certainly get the person's attention. If the person refuses to do what is requested, he/she nearly always changes for the better in some way, usually by accepting some form of help, either later that same day, the next day, the next week, or the next month or two.
A Drug Intervention program in Fresno can help you in developing a plan of action suited to your individual circumstances. They can help your friend, coworker or loved one get their lives back in order and overcome drug or alcohol addiction. An effective drug Intervention will see that the addict receives the necessary treatment he/she needs and beyond.
It was once thought that alcohol and drug abusers had to "hit bottom" before help could be offered and accepted. If you are wait until the abusers hits "rock bottom" before you intervene, then you may be forced to watch them destroy their lives and deeply affect the lives of their families as well as others around them. It was also thought that an abuser could only get better if they were self-motivated to change. That is not always the case. Intervention can assist in the process of motivating the person to accept treatment for their drug or alcohol addiction and enroll into a drug rehab program.
The optimum time for a drug intervention is just after a major event, although it is important that the addict is sober at the time of the intervention. An example of such an event is if the person gets arrested, or when he/she has wronged (lied, stolen, cheated etc.) a person who has done these types of things will usually show emotions such as remorse or guilt. Another would be when a spouse is leaving them because of their addiction. Yet another would be after an overdose. Although you obviously don't want to risk the person's life by postponing forever, a drug intervention will be more effective after such events when the addict is down and feels like his/her life is in need of change.
STEPS OF DRUG INTERVENTION
- Stop all "rescue missions." Family members often try to protect the individual from the results of his behavior by making excuses to others about his problem and by getting him out of jams. It is important to stop all such rescue attempts immediately, so that the person will fully experience the harmful effects of his actions thereby become more motivated to stop.
- Don't enable him. Sometimes family members feel sorry for the person or tend to avoid the person, by letting him come and go as he pleases. This comes across to the person as a reward-after all, all he wants is to be left alone. Be careful not to reward by paying his bills, bailing him out of jail, letting him stay for free, etc. This kind of reward creates out exchange and criminal behavior.
- Time your drug intervention. If possible, plan to talk with the person when he is straight, when all of you are in a calm frame of mind and when you can speak privately.
- Be specific. Tell the person that you are concerned about his problems and want to be supportive in getting help. Back up your concern with examples of the ways in which his behavior has caused problems for you, including any recent incidents.
- Fresno the consequences. Tell the person that until he gets help, you will carry out consequences-not to punish the person, but to protect yourself from the harmful effects of his behavior. These may range from refusing to be with the person when they are under the influence of a drug or alcohol, to having them move out of the house if they persist. Do NOT make any threats you are not prepared to carry out. The basic intention is to make the person's life more uncomfortable if he continues the behavior than it would be for him to get help.
- Find strength in numbers with the help of family members, relatives and friends to confront the person as a group but choose one person to be the initial spokesperson, an intervention counselor in Fresno if possible should be present. It will be much more effective for the others to simply be there nodding their heads, than it would be for everyone to talk at once and "gang up on him." Remember the idea is to make it safe for him to come clean and seek help.
- Listen. If during your intervention the person begins asking questions like; Where would I have to go? For how long? This is a sign that he is reaching for help. Do not directly answer these questions. Instead have him call in to talk to a professional drug treatment counselor in Fresno. Support him. Don't wait. Once you've gotten his agreement, get him admitted in a drug rehabilitation center immediately. Therefore, you should have a bag packed for him, any travel arrangements made and prior acceptance into treatment.
In many instances, a person suffering from drug or alcohol addiction will refuse the professional help that they desperately need due to their irrational psychological state; help they would receive at a drug rehab or alcohol rehab program in Fresno. Due to the many physical and psychological problems caused by addiction, it is vital that a loved one bypasses the addict and takes charge of the situation by conducting an intervention on the individual. Intervention is a very effective process when properly employed by a professional intervention counselor in Fresno, and the family of the addict that is resisting drug or alcohol addiction treatment in Fresno. An intervention helps the addict realize the gravity of the situation and the negative effects the addiction has created in his or her life and the lives of his loved ones. If you live in Fresno, California and your loved one has an alcohol or drug addiction problem and you have done everything that you can think of without success, do not give up hope! Call to speak with an Intervention Counselor now. You will be assisted by professionals with all of your needs, starting with the Intervention itself, to escorting your loved one to an alcohol rehab or drug rehab center, where your loved one can begin the recovery process and learn how to make the changes necessary to have a better life.
Local Listings in Fresno, California:High Hopes Healing Recovery Program
388 North 1st St Suite# 932T Fresno, CA 93704John P Munoz Lifestyle Impact
4141 North Freson Street Fresno, CA 93726KaiServices Permanente Chemical Dependency services/CDRP
4785 North 1st Street 2nd Floor Fresno, CA 93726Comprehensive Addiction Programs Inc
2445 West Whitesbridge Road Fresno, CA 93706Adolescent Treatment
4411 North Cedar Avenue Fresno, CA 93726Alanon Family Groups
922 North Van Ness Avenue Fresno, CA 93728American Bodyworks Sports therapy-Massage-Rehab
5150 North 6th Street Suite 104 Fresno, CA 93710Fresno New Connections
4411 North Cedar Avenue Suite 108 Fresno, CA 93726East Cartwright Clinic/BAART/CDP
3103 East Cartwright Avenue Fresno, CA 93725Choices
3321 North Hilliard Lane Fresno, CA 93726Affiliates for Personal Growth
1575 North Van Ness Avenue Fresno, CA 93728Family and Youth Alternative
3122 North Millbrook Avenue Suites A, B, and C Fresno, CA 93703Tower Recovery Center
707 North Fulton Street Suite 101 Fresno, CA 93728E Street Clinic/BAART/CDP
1235 E Street Fresno, CA 93706King of Kings
2302 Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard Fresno, CA 93706Sierra Education and Research Inst
5130 East Clinton Way Fresno, CA 93727Sierra Tribal Consortium Inc
610 West McKinley Avenue Fresno, CA 93728Addiction Intervention Resources Inc
405 North Broadway Fresno, CA 93701Mental Health Systems Inc
190 North Van Ness Avenue Fresno, CA 93701Adolescent Behavioral Clinic
728 East Bullard Avenue Suite 103 Fresno, CA 93710Spirit of Woman of California
327 West Belmont Avenue Fresno, CA 93728Choices A Road to Recovery
3323 North Hilliard Lane Fresno, CA 93726Mental Health Systems Inc Fresno Center for Change
190 North Van Ness Avenue Fresno, CA 93701Arakelian Charlotte A
7110 North Fresno Street Suite 410 Fresno, CA 93720Central California Recovery Inc
1100 West Shaw 122 Fresno, CA 93711BAART Behavioral Health Services Inc
3103 East Cartwright Avenue Fresno, CA 93725California Mental Health Inc Drug and Alcohol Program
2070 North Winery Street Suite 101 Fresno, CA 93703Ascension Vocational services
751 North Abby Street Fresno, CA 93701Alpha Contracting
4013 East Ashlan Avenue Fresno, CA 93726King of Kings Mens Recovery Home
2267 South Geneva Avenue Fresno, CA 93706Advanced Drug Testing
2911 Tulare Street Fresno, CA 93721Addiction Research and Treatment Inc
3103 East Cartwright Avenue Fresno, CA 93725King of Kings Outpatient West Fresno Program
2302 Martin Luther King Boulevard Fresno, CA 93706Fresno New Connections Inc
4411 North Cedar Avenue Suite 108 Fresno, CA 93726Pathways to Recovery
515 South Cedar Street Fresno, CA 93702VA Central California Healthcare Sys
2615 East Clinton Avenue Suite 116-D W700 Fresno, CA 93703Addiction Intervention Rsrc
405 N Broadway St Fresno, CA 93701Universal Health Network and Systems
3170 North Chestnut Avenue Suite 105 Fresno, CA 93703Genesis Alcohol and Drug Abuse services
7475 North Palm Street Suite 107 Fresno, CA 93711Sierra Tribal Consortium Inc Turtle Lodge Recovery Home
610 West McKinley Avenue Fresno, CA 93728Delta Point
707 North Fulton Street Suite C Fresno, CA 93728Nuestra Casa Recovery Home
1414 West Kearney Boulevard Fresno, CA 93706Kaiser Permanente
4785 North 1st Street 2nd Floor Fresno, CA 93726Inc. ,Comprehensive Addiction Programs, Inc.
2445 West Whitesbridge Road Fresno, CA 93706AEGIS Medical Systems Inc
3707 East Shields Avenue Fresno, CA 93726Universal Health Network
3170 North Chestnut Avenue Suite 105 Fresno, CA 93703Eminence Healthcare Inc
114 East Shaw Avenue Suite 210 Fresno, CA 93710Turning Point
1638 L Street Fresno, CA 93721Eleventh Hour
5643 East Waverly Lane Fresno, CA 93727Fresno County Hispanic Commission on
1803 Broadway Street Fresno, CA 93721MedMark Treatment Centers Inc
1310 M Street Fresno, CA 93721Advance Technical Education
3479 West Holland Avenue Fresno, CA 93722King of Kings Community Center
2302 Martin Luther King Boulevard Fresno, CA 93706Baart Narcotic Treatment Programs
1235 E Street Fresno, CA 93706Westcare California Inc
2772 South Martin Luther King Blvd Fresno, CA 93706King of Kings Pregnant/Postpartum Womens Program
1350 East Annadale Avenue Fresno, CA 93706Family and Youth Alternative A Program of Mental Health Systems Inc
3122 North Millbrook Avenue Suites A, B and C Fresno, CA 93703Fresno County Hispanic Commission on Alcohol/Drug Abuse services Inc/Nuestra Casa
1414 West Kearney Boulevard Fresno, CA 93706Turning Point Substance Abuse Treatment Unit
2904 East Belgravia Avenue Fresno, CA 93721VA Central California HealthcareSystem Chemical Dependence Treatment Program
2615 East Clinton Avenue Suite 116-D Fresno, CA 93703